What are the benefits of vehicle tracking systems? Here are six of the most common reasons:
- Improved business operational efficiency: By having detailed information on the whereabouts of all employees, business owners are far more in touch with their business operations. with the opportunity for greater levels of control over their company. Vehicle tracking systems can, for example, reduce phone bills as it is no longer a necessity to constantly call employees to find their location.
- Improved customer service: The knowledge gained from a vehicle tracking system can help businesses to deliver greater customer service. For example, customers can be proactively notified in advance if an employee is likely to be late for a scheduled visit, which is far preferable to them waiting in expectation and gaining a negative perception of your business.
- Increased staff productivity: Productivity of workers can be increased by being able to keep track of their working patterns, whilst the employee is only too aware that any unauthorized stops and breaks will be readily identified. By having detailed information on the whereabouts of vehicles at all times, it is far easier to keep an eye on employee activities. Conversely managers can also identify positive behavior and reward it appropriately with schemes to encourage positive behavior and generally raise productivity across the entire team. GPS systems can also help to reduce the amount of paperwork that drivers must fill out, which will be perceived as a positive benefit to the employees, as well as increasing the accuracy and reliability of your records.
- Lower insurance bills: Some insurance companies will offer significant cost reductions to companies that have robust vehicle tracking in place. In fact discounts of up to thirty percent are not unheard of. This is in part because it encourages safer driving, but also in recognition that should a theft occur, the tracking system can provide valuable information to aid with recovery.
- More efficient service scheduling: By using a system’s automatic mileage reminder it is possible to ensure that maintenance servicing is carried out only when needed, but also that essential serving intervals are not missed, which in turn can help to ensure that when vehicles are sold they hold their value as a result of having being serviced within the manufacturer’s guidelines. Moreover, it will be possible to forecast when servicing is likely to be needed, giving time and opportunity to plan around this.
- Reduced vehicle running costs: Vehicle tracking systems can help to reduce running costs by specifically targeting and monitoring those employees who habitually speed and waste fuel. As drivers find that their driving style is being monitored, then your business will see a dramatic reduction on fuel and maintenance bills.
Overall, the benefits of vehicle tracking systems for your business far outweigh the initial investment of implementing the system. At GPS Tracking America