What to Look For When Choosing GPS Fleet Tracking
- Beware of Extra Hidden Costs – Make sure the price you are quoted is the price you pay. Some companies will charge you for installation and/or to remove the units at the end of your contract. Another common hidden cost is roaming; companies will charge you roaming fees if your vehicles go out of the country. At GPS Tracking America, we offer no contracts and no hidden fees so you know exactly
- Ease of UseThere are a ton of powerful GPS fleet tracking options out there in today’s market that offer amazing features. Unfortunately, many can also be difficult to understand and take a while to get the hang of. It is extremely important you know how to operate the software as quickly as possible to not waste any of your valuable time.
- Ensure The System Works Even When You Aren’t at Your ComputerThis is critical when choosing GPS fleet tracking. Many people do not have the time to monitor their fleet 24/7; it is important your GPS tracking system has the ability to send real time alerts and reports without having to be logged into the system. Some people may not have time to login to the software everyday and it takes much less time to check a quick email with a simple report displaying information like fuel usage, idling, and time card reports.
- Live Support and TrainingWhen you make the decision to purchase GPS fleet tracking software for your company not only are you buying a product and service, you are also creating a relationship. A GPS Unit simply installed in one of your vehicles will not be very useful to you; the units reach their full potential when you fully understand the software they come with. In order to understand the ins and outs of the software and all the different reporting capabilities, live support and training is a necessity. It is important to have on-going training available to you when and where you need it.
- The Necessary Features to Create ROI Some systems may look great at first but when diving into the software they may actually be relatively useless; many systems lack the necessary features to ensure adding money to your bottom line. Some examples of these features include various alerts (eg. idling and harsh driving), geo-fences, dispatching capabilities and fuel usage reports.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-477(GPS)0987