Digital Matter’s Oyster3 is a compact, ultra-rugged GPS tracking device that has been designed for tracking containers, trailers, skip bins, vehicles and other assets where super-long battery life is required without sacrificing the frequency of updates and performance. With 5x the battery life of its predecessor it can last 10+ years.
The unique combination of excellent battery life, IP67 rated toughness, and 4G connectivity open up new market verticals for tracking and asset management. The seamless integration with MyGeotab (charges apply) provides asset managers a rich interface for current location, location history, and much more.
This is great for Fleet Managers who need to track and locate any non powered asset including:
- Shipping Containers & Freight
- Mining & Construction Equipment
- Trailers, RVs & ATV
- 3x AA Energizer Lithium batteries, pre-installed
- Waterproof enclosure
- 2x rare earth magnets for convenient installation
Features and Benefits
- Adjustable Plan: $20/month – tracking frequency can be adjusted to fit your needs, however use case and battery consumption must be considered. Frequency of pings to be confirmed at time of purchase prior to shipment.
- Powered by 3 x 1.5V AA Lithium batteries (off the shelf and user replaceable)
- Excellent Battery Life: Achieved through intelligent power management and design optimized for low power operation. Battery life can vary based on temperature, location of the device (on asset), geographic location.
- Battery life expectancy:
- One daily location update = 10+ years
- Movement-based location updates = 7 years
- Hourly location updates = 3.5 years
- IP67 Robust Housing: weatherproof and tough, the housings are designed for the harshest elements.
- Device is provided with an additional enclosure for a more covert solution. Permanently affixed rare earth magnets allow you to easily mount the device almost anywhere on your asset. (See second image in product gallery above)
- Operating Temperature: -30°C to +60°C (when using LTC batteries)
- Optional Seamless MyGeotab Integration: for existing clients, at an extra cost. Take advantage of the limited MyGeotab feature set.
- Compact LTE-M powered tracker with LNA (Low noise amplifier) allowing you to place the tracker in more difficult places and still get signal
- Cell tower location: fallback for positioning when GPS can’t get a fix
- Flash memory: stored weeks of records if device is out of cell range. Storage capacity of over 1 month for continuous 30-second logging
Dimensions: L 108 x W 86 x H 31 mm.
Digital Matter Oyster3 Datasheet