Tesla Harness Install for Model 3 and Model Y
This 3 minute video will show you the process for the Tesla harness install for both Model 3 and Model Y electric vehicles.
- To begin the Tesla harness install, connect the OBDII GO device to the required Tesla harness. The Tesla Diagnostics connector is located behind a panel in the back of the center console. The panel is secured by five push-fit clips. Using a trim remover tool, slide it under the panel and turn it so that it catches the panel. Pull the tool towards you to loosen the bottom right clip.
- Loosen the top right clip and then the remaining three clips. Inside the panel, you will find the Tesla proprietary diagnostic connector. Press the clip on the diagnostic connector down, and then pull to detach. Plug the Tesla harness into the corresponding connectors in the console, pushing until they click into place. Please note: the connectors will only fit one way.
- You can then attach your OBDII device to the harness. Push the excess cables into the small opening at the bottom of the center console with the cable attached to the device left out. Place the GO device on the floor of the vehicle while you replace the panel, ensuring the fasten all clips.
- If applicable, open the SPR install bag and attached the provided adhesive square to the back of the GO holder.
- Slide the GO device into the holder and secure with a cable tie. Using the adhesive attach the holder to the outside of the console and place the device as high as you can without stretching the cable to aide in the device’s communication.
The installation is now complete.
You can purchase a Tesla OBDII harness adapter here.